- Numerous betting options
- Solid mobile website
- Great USSD menu
- Average odds
- No welcome bonus
- No sports livestreaming
Review of Nairabet bookmaker: is it worth trying?
Let’s start with one thing for sure! A sports bettor in Nigeria should know how to bet on Nairabet if he has already been betting on the Internet for a while. With its background, online presence and shop branches, variety of sports and betting markets — how not?
You will find everything you need to know about Nairabet in our review: the history of this bookie, how to open an account, withdraw and deposit, and play sports betting. You know you will need some naira to bet, but there are also bonuses and promotions to claim here!
Let’s dive in, my men!
History of Nairabet and Oloye Akin Alabi, the Founder
In the 2018 interview for Techpoint, the founder of Nairabet Oloye Akin Alabi, who is most probably the author of the first guides about successful sports betting, stated: “I just wanted to be as rich as legally possible”. Now his wish has come true!
Nairabet was founded in 2009 in Nigeria with its head office in Lekki, Lagos State. Before launching the sportsbook, Oloye Akin Alabi had several commercial ventures mostly connected with selling seminars about profitable business strategies.
Akin was introduced to sports betting by his brother in the United Kingdom while traveling. When Alabi learned how to place bets, the idea of Nairabet came, along with first betting profits of 15 british pounds. He began his venture with a paperback guide on sports betting in Nigeria, sold 100 copies and started working on creating a bookmaker.
In 2009, Oloye Akin Alabi brought the Nigerian gambling industry to a new level with the introduction of the first fully online sports betting site Nairabet, created by him and his developer. They had to manually test every feature for the sake of efficiency — starting with opening a betting account and finishing with placing sporting bets online.
Oloye Akin Alabi is also a media mogul, owning Nightlife.ng for instance.
General company details
There are both Nairabet shop outlets in the streets and an online bookmaker belonging to this company in Nigeria. Its website and applications are in English. The only currency available for customers is naira, which is according to the law for a legal Nigerian bookie.
Nigeria is the only country Nairabet is adapted to. As of 2016, the average monthly turnover of this betting company was stated to be around 3-5m US dollars in the KPMG report — 2-3 times lesser than that of the Bet9ja sport betting site. And now it is tens of millions!
The official address of the Nairabet bookmaker office is Suite A1, De Cherub Mall Plaza, KM 18, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Alpha Beach Junction, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria. The official website address is www.nairabet.com.
|Visa, Mastercard, Verve, GTBank (GTPay), Paystack, Quickteller ATM, cash
|Soccer, basketball, tennis, ice hockey, handball, volleyball, rugby, cricket, MMA, boxing, baseball, American football and more
|0700 6247 2238 / 0700 NAIRABET
Reputation and legitimacy
As per our review, Nairabet is completely legit. Using the Over The Top Entertainment Ltd name, this betting company holds a licence of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission till 16 April 2023 and a Lagos State Lottery Board licence for online betting. This bookmaker firm is also a prominent member of the Association of Nigerian Bookmakers.
Nairabet had previously sealed a sponsorship agreement with the Nigerian soccer club Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) from Ibadan for approximately 120 million NGN as its shirt sponsor. The founder of Nairabet Oloye Akin Alabi is a fan of the club! Also, in February 2017, Nairabet renewed its partnership with Nigerian comedian Emmanuel Ogonna Iwueke, known as Craze Clown on Instagram and SnapChat profiles.
The company is known for charity: in 2017, on his 40th birthday, Akin Alabi gave away 5 million NGN to youngsters in the Youth Empowerment Programme — 100k a man.
Comprehensive steps to register Nairabet account
Are you ready to register a betting account of your very own on the Internet? That’s the first step you need to take, before you make your first deposit.
There are two types of registration on Nairabet available: by email and by SMS sent to a Nigerian mobile phone number (this sportsbook is for Nigerians only).
Here is how you do sign up online for Nairabet with an email address:
- Click on the REGISTER button on the website.
- Make use of the Nairabet registration form: invent a username for yourself, type in a password and repeat it, then give your email address. Don’t forget to tick a checkbox in order to accept rules of conduct — terms and conditions.
- Go to your email, find a verification and click on a link inside to create Nairabet account. Done? Now log in and play, if you know how does Nairabet work.
Nairabet mobile registration lets you register account via SMS:
- Push the REGISTER button on the website.
- Input your info into the form: username, password and Nigerian mobile telephone number are mandatory.
- Tick the Nairabet terms and conditions checkbox.
- Check for an SMS and get back to the site with a code of verification. Use it to complete your sign up!
That’s how to open Nairabet account, and now — log in!
Account verification and validation
Many ask how to activate an account registered with Nairabet, however this is quite easy. Firstly, you verify your email address or telephone number during the very process of your registration, depending on the chosen Nairabet sign up method.
After you have registered an online account on the site or via a mobile phone, you will be asked to validate it to unlock full access to payouts and others features as well.
There are two ways, both involving Nairabet bank account verification:
- Give the account you will use to deposit money: choose your bank from the list of 20+ establishments of Nigeria, choose the type of the account (current or savings) and then type in your account number. That’s one way.
- Give your BVN — bank verification number. That’s the other way.
You must have the same name in your bank and in the Nairabet register.
Usually the whole process takes up to 1 working day, but sometimes they work even on weekends.
There will be a validation form in your profile that you need to fill:
- First and last name
- Mobile telephone number (if not given during your sign up)
- Email (if not given during your sign up)
- City, full address and a postal code
- Date of birth
Nairabet account validation and identity verification is needed to be sure you are an adult who can make a deposit, and no fraud is involved.
Short but adequate: assortment of betting promotions
Nairabet bonus offers and complimentary promotions are not that rich compared to major online bookies, but that can be said about many sports betting sites in Africa. For example, you will not find a Nairabet welcome bonus, also known as a sign up offer, which is usually given in the form of a first deposit bonus or a registration free bet.
Though there is a way of how to play Nairabet with free bets on sports and win online: this sportsbook invites its existent players to limited time promotional betting offers, including a promo code that sometimes could be granted to gamblers.
Goalless draw promo
This type of betting offer compensates your lost stake if the soccer match has ended in a nil-nil draw. Usually there is a limit to how much money Nairabet will credit to your free bettor’s account or to the percent of your stake that possibly can be returned.
In other cases, there may be qualifying Nairabet rules for odds and for betting markets you choose. Or, for example, Naira Bet Goalless Draw Promo may be limited to some events — like it is limited to the English Premier League at the time of writing.
“If One Game Cuts Your Ticket” promo
This Nairabet limited time betting offer gives you an opportunity to get back a part of the staked amount or even a full sum if only one game in your accumulator loses. For example, if you had 6 games in your multi bet, and all choosing options won except one.
Money will be given back to you in the form of a free bet, as in the case with the Goalless Draw Promo. Such promotional betting offers also have their limitations: usually you need to combine an acca bet with as much as 5 events or even more.
Free bets are the answer to the question of how to win Nairabet bets with no risk.
Betting challenges and competitions
Among such bonus promotions was the #NairabetNearWin campaign: as a participant you should have sent your almost won betting slip to Nairabet on the social networks with a hashtag mentioned above. Each month the bookmaker chose one and only one winner, who got an astonishing 1,000,000 NGN (one million naira!) in cash.
In addition, the player had to state why he or she had the right to win. We don’t know about you, but we would write a big-big-huge essay for a chance to win these monies!
Ways of booking odds and codes
Want to share your betting prediction with friends? Or maybe you want Nairabet code to bet either in a betting shop or just later? Nairabet codes and odds included into them let you save the bet you have chosen or use someone else’s code to wager with.
In order to use codes with an odd, you need to visit the online betting site of this Nigerian bookie. If you already have Nairabet odds and code you wish to use, enter it in the “Load Booking Code” block situated under the “Load Bet Code/Check Bet Slip” section in the mobile menu and on the right-hand side of any desktop page of Nairabet.
If connected odds are available, you will see an option of adding them to your betslip.
And if you wish to create a Nairabet booking code with a particular wager, first choose a betting pick to add it to your betslip on the website, then enter the amount of naira you wish to bet with and tap on the BOOK BET button to get a booking code.
Odds and codes at this bookmaker are quite easy to navigate, so there are many prediction sites which specifically use booking codes of this bookie in their tips.
If you are ready to test your knowledge of how Nairabet works, then you are good to know about how to deposit and withdraw money from the online account on this bookie.
According to Rachel, the Nairabet customer support representative we spoke to, the most popular payment method among the Nigerian players is a direct bank deposit.
“To place a winning bet on Nairabet, if you know how to do that of course, a player needs to make a deposit. We cooperate with more than 20 trusted banks in Nigeria, maybe that is why users still consider this method of making payment to be the most reliable one,” — told the Nairabet’s support expert to the representative of Takebet South Africa via live chat.
But there are also other options, such as bank card payments via Visa, Mastercard and Nigerian Verve, powered by Paystack. Above that, Nairabet features mobile payments with GTBank/GTPay and mCash, Quickteller ATM services and cash payments.
And behold! You are also able to send money to other customers of this sportsbook from your own account. That can be done either from the site or in the USSD menu.
The company follows the rules and regulations of FIRS (Federal Inland Revenue House of Nigeria) and operates only with Nigerian national currency. So, if you want to test your skills and your knowledge of how to play on the Nairabet platform online, the only accepted currency you can use for your stakes is Nigerian naira (NGN).
Methods to fund Nairabet: choice of account deposit options
Funding Nairabet account is easy. The minimum you can deposit is 50 NGN. This will give you a modest, but hopefully profitable start to your sports betting.
There are at least five options of how to fund Nairabet account with deposit:
- Paystack inline deposit
- Paystack card deposit
- GTBank (GTPay) service
- Mobile money (USSD)
- Cash deposits: ATM, in banks and in bet shops
Further, the question on crediting an account will be answered in detail!
Bank card deposits
You can send money to your account from Visa, Mastercard and Verve cards.
For this, choose Paystack Card Deposit among the account options:
- Select the card you want to deposit with.
- Type in the desired sum.
- Click on the FUND YOUR ACCOUNT button.
You can also deposit to Nairabet with your cards using Paystack Inline Deposit.
Direct bank account transfer
You may choose direct transfer of your money from the bank account to the bookmaker.
For this, choose Paystack Inline Deposit method:
- Enter the desired amount of naira and press on the “Deposit” button.
- Press on the “Change” link near “Pay with Card” heading and then select the option of direct wire transfer from a bank account.
- Choose your banking establishment and type in a bank account number.
- Check your mobile phone for a verification code and enter it on the site to confirm the Nairabet deposit. Mind that the code will be sent to the mobile phone number which is registered under your bank account (not the one registered in Nairabet).
Also, you can send direct bank transfers via GTBank online banking system. For this, choose GTBank Deposit in your Nairabet account, input the amount of money you wish to send, confirm it — and then you will be sent to the GTBank website to finish.
Mobile money USSD deposits
Another way of how to credit Nairabet account is to send money via a mobile USSD phone code. For this, you will need a mobile phone and a cellular connection.
Here is how you send money to Nairabet via mobile phone from GTBank account:
- Call *737*50*sum*88#. Use the mobile phone number that is registered under your GTBank account, otherwise you will not access the mentioned account.
- Input your Nairabet customer ID. You will find it at the top of the website right after you log in to your account with the online bookmaker.
- Enter the Instant Banking PIN to complete the transaction.
The other option to deposit Nairabet with money is using mCash (NIBSS):
- Call *402*89401890*sum#. Make sure you dial from a mobile telephone number that is linked to the banking account you wish to use for your deposit.
- Choose a bank.
- Enter the customer ID of your account (check the bookie site for it).
- Use the Instant Banking PIN (passcode) to finish the operation.
Cash: deposit with ATM card, banks, agents and betting shops
There are several ways of funding your betting account with cash.
Making a Nairabet deposit with ATM card is one option and works for Nigeria only:
- Visit any close-by ATM machine, put in your card and enter the PIN code.
- Select the “QUICKTELLER” option.
- Choose “OTHERS” in a rundown of dealers on the screen.
- Enter a dealer’s amount code. It depends on the deposit sum. Here are the codes to use: ₦1,000 — 04276801, ₦2,000 — 04276802, ₦3,000 — 04276803, ₦4,000 — 04276804, ₦5,000 — 04276805, ₦5,000+ — 04276806.
Another way is to visit your bank branch and deposit there.This option should be available to clients of the First Bank, FCMB, UBA, Sterling Bank, Union Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Access Bank, Fidelity Bank.
You will be given a deposit slip. In the deposit slip you should write down:
- Name of the account — “Nairabet”.
- Number of the account — your customer ID on the website.
- Name of the depositor — your full name.
- Amount — the sum of money you wish to deposit. Write it down in the form of “Nairabet Credit ₦AMOUNT”. For example: “Nairabet Credit ₦5000”.
Tell a cashier that you deposit to an online account and “Pay direct” must be used.
Probably the simplest way of how to fund a Nairabet account is visiting a betting shop or a bookie agent. Just provide a cashier or an agent with your customer ID and pay.
So how long does it take Nairabet to credit an account? It depends on the method, but on most occasions it is instant.
|Paystack inline deposit
|Quickteller ATM deposit
Paths to complete withdrawal of money on Nairabet
Answer to the question of how to withdraw is as simple as that: from Nairabet, you can order withdrawal to your bank account only, and there is no other way. No banking cards, no online payment systems.
Here as a brief instruction on money withdrawal process here:
- Go to the “Withdraw” section in your account.
- Choose your bank among 20+ establishments.
- Input your bank account number.
- Select either current or savings account type.
- Input the amount you wish to withdraw and press on “Payout”.
How much can one withdraw from a Nairabet account to the bank? The minimum withdrawal amount is 1,000 Nigerian naira, and the maximum is 500,000 Nigerian naira. How to withdraw money more than once a day? Sadly, there is no such opportunity: you can do that only one time in a day.
These are the banks you can use to withdraw a payout from Nairabet:
- Access Bank
- Enterprise Bank
- Ecobank Nigeria
- CITIBank (Nigerian International)
- Stanbic IBTC
- Standard Chartered
- Union Bank of Nigeria
- Fidelity Bank
- First City Monument
- Mainstream Bank
- Sterling Bank
- UBA (United Bank for Africa)
As per withdrawal rules, Nairabet payout delay equals 1 banking day for bank transfers.
|1 bank. day
Teach me to play at Nairabet online!
Nairabet offers a great variety of sporting events and betting markets to wager on. And certainly wins against competitors! Also, there are in-play betting, casino games and virtual sports, along with some unique technological sportsbook options. You are certain to answer yourself on the use of a cashout — there is such an option as well.
Let’s understand how to place a bet on Nairabet:
- Choose a sports event. You’ll find all the main matches on the betting site’s frontpage. Alternatively, you may choose a sport and a tournament, in case you wish to browse all of the events present for a certain competition.
- Select a bet. Click on the odds of the desired wager. Your chosen outcome will appear in the betslip. If you want to place a combined bet, like an accumulator or a system, which is perfectly possible with Nairabet, add more odds.
- Choose a money amount. Type in the sum of naira you wish to wager.
- Bet now. You are good to go! Click on the PLACE BET button. Alternatively, choose the “Book” feature — you’ll get a booking code to wager later.
If you want to win, these are key terms and conditions of how to play online at Nairabet:
- Minimum and maximum stake. The minimum amount to wager is 100 naira, according to the support. The maximum stake depends on the event.
- Maximum winning limit. The maximum amount of money you can win from a bet on Nairabet equals 25 million naira, as per the bookmaker rules.
- Maximum payout. Per day, the maximum limitto be paid out equals 1 million naira, while the minimum amount you can withdraw is 1 thousand naira.
Placing bets via USSD menu
Wonder how to bet as a customer of the Nairabet platform or order a payout with no online connection? Think no more. Even with no internet and on palasa phones you are still able to register an online account, deposit and payout monies, or place bets.
For this you just have to dial *5447#. If you still don’t have a Nairabet account connected to the mobile number you use, you will be asked to register one.
When you already have an account, you will proceed to the menu with five options:
- Fund your account
- Place a bet
- Check bet status
- Withdrawal request
- Customer to customer transfer
Go with the one you need! It is the same on simple feature phones (palasa). In the case you just want to know how to place bets at Nairabet with USSD, dial *5447*code#, where the code resembles a bet you have previously booked.
Using cashout feature at Nairabet
In 2016, the online option of Nairabet cashout was offered to the punters.
Said feature lets you skip a bet BEFORE it is won or lost. When you see a match which you bet on going sideways and you are afraid for the money, then you cash out. The company buys your stake back: you lose a little, but not as much as you could have lost.
Or, if the match is going your way, Nairabet cash out feature offers you an opportunity to get some profits without waiting for the outcome which still can go wrong. Note that you will always get less money than you could if you have properly won.
Here is how to cash out on Nairabet:
- Visit the bookmaker and go to your account. You will find cash out in the bets section.
- Choose the bet you want to cash out from the list. It usually takes 30 seconds for a wager to appear there. If it is not, try logging out and then logging in.
- Check a cash out amount carefully. That’s how much you will get — a total sum.
- Proceed if you agree with the amount. You will get your money immediately.
If you cash out prematch games, you will get a staked sum minus 10% processing fee. You can cash out accumulators on the Nairabet sports betting site as well as live bets on any sports or tournaments, except those events where betting is suspended.
Recapping betting markets and bet types
According to the Nairabet review of Takebet South Africa, all the main bet options are present here: a single bet, an accumulator and a system. You can choose any of them right in your betslip. Accumulator is a combination of singles, whereas a system is a combination of accumulators. Bet in live or prematch.
Don’t know what to choose? Try the “Expert bet” feature! This one automatically constructs a bet for you according to four parameters you choose: 1) amount of money you wish to wager, 2) amount of money you want to win, 3) range of odds you want to see in your betslip, 4) dates of the sporting events you are interested in.
We researched soccer betting to showcase numerous betting markets Nairabet offers. Their amount is perfectly crazy — 300-500 for some general soccer match. You can bet on full time, 1st and 2nd halves, goals and handicaps, and many stats, such as corners.
Main soccer betting markets of Nairabet include:
- Double chance
- Draw no bet
- Over under goal totals
- Both teams to score
- European 3-way handicaps
Along with that you are able to bet on 15 minute segments of the match, predict who will score first and last goal, who will win a race to 2 or 3 goals, and many more.
There are enough options of betting in basketball, tennis and others too.
What is the selection of sports and matches?
At the time of writing, we saw more than 20 different sports at Nairabet: soccer, basketball, tennis, ice hockey, baseball, handball, floorball, rugby, golf, NFL, cricket, motor sports, American soccer, Australian football, volleyball, boxing, badminton, beach volleyball, cycling, snooker… You get the idea!
Sports tournaments are also plenty — hundreds of competitions and thousands of events at the same time. Just imagine — it’s Wednesday, and there are 1,500+ soccer games on offer! We managed to spot all of the most important soccer competitions on the Nairabet online betting site, among them English Premier League, Spanish La Liga Primera, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga and Nigerian Professional Football League as well. You can bet on African soccer leagues and even the smallest leagues abroad.
In basketball betting, there are NBA, African and European basketball competitions as well as smaller North American basketball tournaments. WTA and ATP, ITF in tennis.
Almost in every sport there are at least tens of different events simultaneously. Obviously the question of how to bet is a no brainer when on Nairabet!
Are odds payouts high or low?
The odds payout level at this bookmakers is average. It starts with a margin of 2-3% for the biggest sporting events in the world and reaches a level of around 10% for smaller matches and betting markets. Consider the margins in the table below.
|UEFA Champions League
|Istanbul BB vs PSG
|Vesely vs Gerasimov
|Zenit vs Olympiakos
Recap of live betting opportunities
There is an in-play section with live bets on Nairabet. In this category you will find mostly the same sports and tournaments as in upcoming matches.
Using the mobile website, choose the “Live” tab at the bottom of a page. Alternatively, go to the burger menu and click on the IN-PLAY selection. You’ll see live events that are on offer at the moment and also find odds for the available bets.
Browse through different sports at the top of the screen. Tap on the match in case you want to see all the bets for this particular event. There are also live statistics in the in-play betting section on Nairabet: goals, points, sets and games, cards, etc.
Nairabet odds are constantly changing, so be quick to add a live bet to your betslip!
Nairabet jackpot: 1 million naira for 12 correct soccer predictions
There is a Nairabet soccer jackpot for those who fancy winning hundreds of thouthands of naira from almost nothing. The maximum winning stands at 1,000,000 NGN, while the required stake is 50 NGN (also called a ticket price). Each participant is ought to predict outcomes of 12 soccer matches correctly.
Here is how to play the Nairabet jackpot:
- Log in and pick the “Lucky Numbers/Jackpot” section.
- Tap on the SOCCER JACKPOT link in the inner menu.
- Choose a 1×2 outcome in all 12 matches currently on offer.
- Hit BET to submit your jackpot ticket!
Nairabet mobile app
There is a Nairabet app for Android at the moment, however no mobile app for iOS.
Follow these easy steps to download the Android app of Nairabet:
1. Visit the official bookie site with a smartphone.
2. Access the mobile menu and then pick ANDROID APP there.
3. Download the Nairabet APK file and install it. Mind that you will need to let downloads from unknown sources first in your phone settings.
You can also bet on the Nairabet mobile betting site with your smartphone. And if you own a palasa phone, use USSD codes or the mobilelite.nairabet.com version.
Interface and insight into desktop and mobile website
There are 3 versions of Nairabet:
- Lite mobile version for palasa phones (feature phones)
- New mobile website for smartphones (e.g. Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, etc)
- Desktop version (for computers)
All of the website versions of Nairabet share almost the same functionality, but graphics and some technological options may miss from the mobilelite.nairabet.com. Well, that is what makes it light in the first place and suitable for feature phones.
On the mobilelite.nairabet.com you’ll be greeted with a menu of all betting site sections. There is an option to search for a certain game, browse sports and tournaments, check today’s matches, and load your booking code.
The Nairabet new mobile version for smartphones is more colorful and up to date. In the first screen you will find the hottest games and the main bets on them. Alternatively, you can move to all upcoming matches or you can change the screen you are on to the “Top leagues”. Burger menu will help you navigate Nairabet mobile website and access sections like “In-Play”.
The desktop version of Nairabet was recently updated and became more competitive when compared to other Nigerian online bookies.
According to our Nairabet review, the company gives its players several methods of contacting the customer support:
- Live chat
- Phone call
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram official accounts
Customer support in the live chat usually responds within half an hour or so. That’s a pretty long time, but each time the support was helpful enough.
If you want to call a customer support representative, ring Nairabet on 0700 6247 2238 / 0700 NAIRABET.
You can ask questions by email too: just send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Response time is usually a couple of hours in this case.
5 things about Nairabet you should know before betting
- There is no welcome bonus for new members of the Nairabet community. However, they have special offers with free bets for existing clients.
- The firm was the first fully online bookmaker platform to operate in Africa.
- The only account currency customers can use is Nigerian naira.
- In 2018, the company was first in Africa to launch “Edit Your Bets”, which lets customers change legs in their accumulators after placing them. A cashout is another great feature.
- Nairabet USSD codes let you stake money on sports without an internet connection.
Nairabet boasts a really, really (really!) big amount of betting markets to choose from and sporting events to wager on, if you are about soccer betting. Other sports, not only soccer, are fine too. There are also quite many deposit options and such technological betting opportunities as cash out or an automated betting constructor.
Mobile and lite mobile website versions play in the hands of Nairabet, as do their massive USSD options for registration, deposits, payouts and betting.
Being not the best overall, betting odds of Nairabet are not bad either, more like average on a global scale. Live betting could be more diverse. The only way of withdrawing from Nairabet is via a direct bank transfer. Also, you will not find livestreaming of soccer matches or any other sports on this platform.
Final comments on the online sports betting site
Our overall impression about Nairabet is rather good: you can comfortably say that this is one of the best online betting sites for soccer lovers in the whole Africa and certainly one of the leaders of the Nigeria betting industry.
Technologically this sportsbook company is also a strong competitor. Though they might look into their live betting section, especially into the absence of sporting live streams, and do a redesign of the site’s computer version. The odds could be better too: being one of the market leaders in Nigeria, Nairabet is not so generous about their payouts.