Betting competition: clash with master tipsters!
Are you a punter with a high success rate in sports betting? Or maybe you are eyeing a tipster career? The tipsters community of Takebet South Africa offers you a chance to kick-start your success in betting tips and win cash prizes in our branded tipster competition — free to participate.
Our prediction contest is a monthly competition in which tipsters publish short predictions for soccer (football), basketball, tennis, ice hockey — and win real money for top results.
Clash with masters tipsters from South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, India, the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia and other countries of Africa, Asia and Oceania, Europe and the Americas to prove you are the best in sports betting.
The game in our tipsters corner has already started — join in!
About our tipsters competition
The betting competition is free: all you need to do is sign up on Takebet South Africa to be able to publish your predictions. Registering a profile on our site is free as well.
After registering a profile on our site, you can proceed to creating your first betting tip. All published predictions that adhere to the rules participate in the tipsters championship. Terms and conditions can be found below on this page — study them carefully.
Our free tipster competition covers major sporting disciplines such as soccer, basketball, tennis and ice hockey. In any of these sports you are free to choose any tournament and event for your predictions present on the betting sites.
Not only can you predict any match of the available sports disciplines in Takebet South Africa's online betting tournament, but you can choose any betting market you want: starting with 1x2 (money line), over/under totals and handicaps — and reaching as deep as prop bets.
Soccer prediction contest included
Participants of our tipster community mostly predict soccer due to its mass following in the world.
Our free soccer prediction competition allows you to predict soccer matches in top flights and lower leagues of Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania, both domestic leagues and cup tournaments along with international championships of clubs and national teams.
Soccer tournaments to predict in the online betting competition:
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- UEFA Conference League
- English Premier League and Championship
- La Liga Primera and Segunda
- Italian Serie A and Serie B
- French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2
- German Bundesliga and Bundesliga-2
- North American MLS
- FIFA World Cup and Club World Cup
- UEFA Euro and Nations League
- Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON)
- CONMEBOL Copa America
- ...the choice is yours!
The free prediction contest also allows betting tips on African soccer leagues such as the Nigeria Professional Football League, the South African Premier Division and others.
Tipster competition cash prizes
You stand a chance of winning money prizes monthly in our online betting predictions contest for free. Every month we give away 500 US Dollars or an equivalent in the local currency of our participants. The prize pool is distributed among 20 best tipsters of the month according to the leaderboard placed on the free betting competition’s page.
Money prizes for tipsters in the competition range from $10 to $125 with the former being the trophy for taking the first place, which constitutes 25% of the total prize pool.
You will find a complete prize scheme below in the T&C of our tipster championship.
Prediction contest terms and conditions
Reading and adhering to the following terms and conditions is mandatory for continuous participation and getting prizes in the tipster competitions. The T&C guiding our tipster championship include rules on how to make predictions and requirements for them, the ranking formula, prize pool division scheme, and payout terms to the best tipster.
As the organizer of this free challenge for tipsters, Takebet South Africa reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the predictions contest at our own discretion any time. In this case, informing the participants is not mandatory, however we will do our best to inform them.
General rules: how to make betting tips in competition
To make a sports prediction on Takebet South Africa, either sign up for a profile or log in, if you already have an account on our site. Signing up requires a valid email address and a password.
We have a “one person — one profile” policy in place. Those who try to influence the free tipsters challenge results by participating with more than one account will be banned.
After logging in on Takebet South Africa, you will be granted access to the “New Prediction” form. Access it from your profile menu by tapping on the “Post new prediction” link, or from the free tipsters competition page, or from the “Post your tip” block on almost any website’s page.
You will be directed to the “New Prediction” page with a few fields, which will let you complete and publish your tip. You will be required to fill in the boxes of the form.
Step-by-step guide to publishing predictions in the tipster challenge:
- Select the sport you want to make a tip on (mandatory). If there is no such sport, then it is not included in the contest.
- Select the tournament you want to make a tip on (optional). You can leave this box empty: for instance, if the competition you need is not present in the dropdown menu.
- Write down the names of the competing teams or athletes (mandatory). The “Side 1” box is for the home team/athlete and the “Side 2” box is for the away team/athlete. Example: you want to predict the Chelsea vs Arsenal match in the Premier League — you type in “Chelsea” in the first box and “Arsenal” in the second box.
- Select the betting market (mandatory). Example: you want to predict a home win in the Chelsea vs Arsenal match — you choose the 1x2 betting market (win-draw-win).
- Write down the name of your bet (mandatory). In the previous example, it would be “Chelsea to win”. Another example: if you bet on three or more goals, type in “Over 2.5 goals”.
- Write down the odds of your bet (mandatory). Use decimal format only. Odds can’t be lower than 1.01. We have capped the maximum at 999.99. Example: 2.35.
- Write down a short prediction (mandatory). You are allowed a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 500 words. In this field, you type in your thoughts about the match and arguments to support your prediction. Be creative to earn followers!
- Press the “Publish” button. Congrats, you are one step closer to lead the community!
Requirements for predictions in the tipster challenge:
- All info provided by you in a prediction must be correct at the time of posting: the names of the teams/athletes and their Side 1/Side 2 order, the chosen sport/ competition and the betting market, the name of the bet and the odds of the bet.
- A prediction can be a single bet only. No accumulators allowed.
- One prediction may contain one bet only. Only the bet whose info you have typed in the form is counted towards the contest: participants can not add any other bets.
- A prediction can be an event/match bet only. No outright/futures bets allowed.
- A prediction must be published before the official starting time of the event. Predictions can feature prematch bets only: no live bets allowed.
- The text of a prediction must be:
- In English: with correct grammar and spelling.
- Unique: not a copy of another participant’s prediction or from another site.
- About the chosen event and in line with the chosen bet.
- Coherent and meaningful: no spam texts, no random sets of letters, numbers, words and sentences, no texts on unrelated topics.
- Respectful and nonabusive: no obscene language, no disrespect towards members of Takebet South Africa's tipster community or other people, nations and races.
All predictions are published immediately with the NOT SETTLED status. However, a prediction is not counted towards the competition when published. Our moderators conduct a check of every published betting tip before it is allowed into competition.
- Predictions which are compliant with the T&C get counted towards the contest and left as NOT SETTLED.
- Predictions which are not compliant with the T&C get the DECLINED status. This means that a prediction will not be counted towards the competition. We reserve the right to delete a prediction if it is spam, or not in English, or obscene, and in similar cases.
Predictions are settled manually according to the official result of a sporting event.
- The WON status is given if the bet in a prediction has won.
- The LOST status is given if the bet in a prediction has lost.
- The VOIDED status is given if the bet in a prediction has been returned. This happens with certain types of bets or if an event was canceled, for instance.
- Predictions are counted towards the month in which the event in a prediction starts. The time zone of the competition is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+0) — no matter the country of the event or the participant's country.
On Takebet South Africa, we always strive to guide tipsters and help them in creating quality predictions. However, the participants who violate T&C in a fraudulent manner will be banned from the competition in order to insure safety and uphold fairness in the tipsters community.
Tap on the following link to get to the section where all tipster predictions are published.
Settlement and ranking formula: how to become the best tipster
Only the best handicappers win! But to become one, you should know how your betting tips are counted towards the betting competition results and how participants are ranked.
Rules of predictions settlement in the online betting tournament:
- The stake of every prediction you make equals 1 point (PTS). Think of this like a virtual currency you stake each time you publish a new betting tip. No matter if you have positive or negative results during the month: the amount of predictions you can make is uncapped, so you will never run out of these virtual points to stake with. Note: the stake can not be changed. Stake of each prediction is 1 point, period.
- The stake is multiplied by the odds in every winning prediction. If a prediction wins, we use the odds in it and multiply by the stake (1 point) to count the resulting points. You get profit points equaling the resulting points minus the stake (1 point).
- You lose 1 profit point for a losing prediction. No matter the odds, you lose your virtual stake (1 point) each time the chosen bet in a prediction loses.
- You lose no profit points for a voided prediction. When the chosen bet is voided, a prediction gets settled with odds of 1.00. So nothing changes for you.
- The common bet settlement rules are applied. We utilize common bookmakers’ rules of bet settlement and official sources of data about sporting events (usually websites of the event organizers) every time we settle a prediction and count results.
The higher you are on the table the more your cash prize. To rank participants, we take note of two different factors — PROFIT and YIELD. First we rank by profit, then by YIELD. These two factors in this order are used to decide the winners of the monthly tipsters competition.
The PROFIT factor is used to rank participants in the first place. The essence of profit: a won prediction makes your profit bigger, a lost prediction reduces your profit, a voided betting prediction doesn’t change your profit. Profit of every prediction, either positive or negative, is counted towards a monthly total.
- Won prediction. There is a simple profit formula: 1 point [Stake] x N [Odds] - 1 point [Stake]. Basically, we multiply your fixed stake of 1 point by the odds to get the resulting points, and then we subtract your fixed stake of 1 point to get the profit points, or simply profit. Example: 1 point [Stake] x 2.50 [Odds] - 1 point [Stake] = 2.5 resulting points - 1 point = 1.5 profit.
- Lost prediction. We subtract the fixed stake of 1 point from your overall profit. Basically, you just lose 1 point in the competition for every lost tip.
- Voided prediction. We leave your overall profit in the competition untouched.
The YIELD factor is used to rank participants with the same profit. The essence of YIELD: a won prediction makes your YIELD bigger, a lost prediction reduces your YIELD, a voided prediction reduces your YIELD (but less significantly). Basically, the fewer predictions you make to get the same profit — the better.
YIELD formula (%): ([All Resulting Points] - [All Initial Stakes]) / [All Initial Stakes] x 100. For instance, you have made 5 predictions (1 point each) with odds of 2.00. Each won and got you additional 5 points of clean profit. Example: (10 [All Resulting Points] - 5 [All Initial Stakes]) / 5 [All Initial Stakes] x 100 = 5 / 5 x 100 = 1 x 100 = 100% YIELD.
Current top 20 participants of the monthly free betting competition can be found on this page. Change the month using the dropdown menu above the table to take a peek at the winners of the previous monthly tipster competitions. Personal results of any participant can be found in his or her public profile on Takebet South Africa, which is accessible after logging in.
Monthly prize pool scheme
Monthly cash prize pool of Takebet South Africa's free tipster competition is $500. It is shared among our 20 winners using a percentage scheme: the higher you rank — the more you get.
Take a peek at the current prize pool scheme:
- 1st — $125 (25%)
- 2nd — $90 (18%)
- 3rd — $50 (10%)
- 4th to 5th — $25 (5%) each
- 6th to 7th — $20 (4%) each
- 8th to 10th — $15 (3%) each
- 11th to 20th — $10 (2%) each
The prizes are subject to conversion into local currencies and may slightly differ on different local versions of our website. Be guided by the prize pool scheme on the locale you use.
The prizes are being paid out after the results of the monthly prediction competition are summed up, which happens in the course of up to 3 days starting from the 1st day of the following month. During this 3-day period the final results are subject to change.
Takebet South Africa reserves the right to pay out prizes to tipster champions within 14 days starting from the 1st day of the following month. Winners are always and solely communicated with via email address which is currently used in the winner’s account on the Takebet South Africa website. You should use your valid email address at all times to successfully acquire prize money.
If we are unable to contact any winner within 14 days starting from the 1st day of the following month via the email provided in his or her profile, the winnings are forfeited.
The prizes are being paid out to PayPal and Skrill online accounts. If any winner is unable to receive his or her winnings via PayPal or Skrill, other means of payment may or may not be used at our discretion, such as a bank card transfer, a bank wire or local payment systems, depending on their availability to ourselves at the moment. We reserve the right to forfeit any winnings in the case we are unable to pay out a winner via PayPal or Skrill systems.
All transfer commissions of the sender side are covered by Takebet South Africa, but we don’t cover any commissions and expenses that may arise related to withdrawing the cash prize by a winner.
Benefits of free tipster competition on Takebet South Africa
There are quite a few benefits and no downsides if you decide to participate in the contest!
- Participation is free for every member of our tipsters corner. Just create a new profile and join the vibrant tipster community to publish your betting tips in the competition.
- You stand a chance of winning real money. You don’t even have to be the first each month to win a piece of the prize fund — top 20 master tipsters win the prizes.
- You risk nothing. There is even no wallet to top up — you just stake virtual points when making your predictions and stand a chance to win real money.
- You can amass a following and find new friends on Takebet South Africa. Members of our tipsters community follow each other's profiles with tips and communicate in the comments.
- You have an opportunity to practice your betting strategy. Without spending any money try out your new wagering tactics here — and win cash if you succeed.
Free tipster championships allow punters to try their prediction skill for free before starting their betting careers at online bookmakers. Cash prizes won can then be wagered on the best betting sites or used in any other way you want — it is completely up to you to decide.
Check the following FAQ if you still have questions. Contact us via email@example.com email address if you can't find the answer or have an issue with the competition.
How do I join the free tipsters competition on Takebet South Africa?
The betting competition is free for everyone on our website who has registered a Takebet South Africa account. To participate you must either log in to your account or sign up for one now.
How do I participate in the prediction contest?
After logging in to your Takebet South Africa profile, visit the “New prediction” page and fill out a simple form which will let you publish your prediction on the website. All published betting tips are counted towards the results of the competition if they adhere to T&C applied to the contest.
Mind that any prediction is counted towards the month when the event in it starts. The time zone of the competition is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+0) for all events and participants.
How do you pick winners? What are PROFIT and YIELD?
Winners are picked automatically based on the success of their predictions in the tipster challenge. Moderators manually settle all the tips for them to be counted towards results.
Firstly, the system takes into account the PROFIT factor when counting results. Stake of every prediction is fixed and equals 1 point. We multiply it by the odds of the predicted bet in order to count the profit of a winning tip. Lost tips reduce the overall monthly profit by 1 point (the fixed stake), while voided predictions leave the overall monthly profit unchanged.
Secondly, if the monthly profit of participants is equal, the YIELD factor is used for ranking. It is a return-on-investments percentage. The fewer predictions it takes you to reach a certain result, the bigger your YIELD will be. Basically, this is a rate of any tipster efficiency.
You will find formulas and examples of PROFIT and YIELD in the terms and conditions.
Where do I find results of tipsters in the competition?
Winners are published in the online leaderboard of the betting tournament. You can look up results of the previous months as well by utilizing a menu with months above the board.
To look up your own results, log in on Takebet South Africa and proceed to your public profile.
I have won the tipsters championship. What's next?
If you have won the competition, our moderators will be in touch with you via the email address you currently have in your profile. This is the only channel we will use to contact you, so it is of great importance to use a valid email address to get your winnings.
Mind that results of the prediction contest are subject to counting and change during the first 3 days of the following month, so wait patiently until Takebet South Africa settles the final results.
How do you payout cash prizes in the tipsters competition?
Takebet South Africa pays out money prizes to winners using PayPal and Skrill payment systems. Other means of payment are subject to availability and are used at discretion of the organizer.
Cash rewards are processed within 14 days starting from the 1st day of the following month. Mind that it usually takes 1-3 days starting from the 1st day of the following month to update the leaderboard with final results — during this period the final results are subject to change.
Where do I find my betting tips?
All betting tips you publish are saved in the profile — your own tipster corner on Takebet South Africa.
What do statuses of predictions mean: NOT SETTLED, WON, LOST, VOIDED?
The NOT SETTLED status means a prediction still has to be settled by our moderators. Our team does it on the next day after the event in a prediction has been finished.
The WON status means a prediction was settled as a winning one.
The LOST status means a prediction was settled as a losing one.
The VOIDED status means a prediction was settled as a return. It happens with some bets like Asian handicap and Asian total, or if the sporting event was canceled.
Can I delete or edit my published predictions?
No, you can not. After you publish a prediction, it is not possible to change or remove it.
My tip has got the DECLINED status. Why?
The DECLINED status means that the betting tip wasn’t accepted and isn’t eligible for tipsters competition. This is a result of breaking the T&C of the tipsters championship. In some cases moderators may delete a prediction altogether: spam, obscene language, etc.
My profile has been disabled and I can’t log in. Why?
Being the organizer of the competition for betting tipsters, Takebet South Africa reserves the right to disable profiles of those who repeatedly violate the T&C of the contest or the website T&C.
If your profile got disabled, it is most probably because you have broken these rules. If you disagree or you believe there may be a technical issue, reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org.