Overview of goalscorer betting tips
The chances of particular players scoring a goal in a match and the probability of an opposing team conceding are the basis for our betting tips. Of course, a game should not be goalless if a sports bettor wants to win, so conducting a complex analysis is critical here.
There are three primary forms of goalscorer betting predictions:
Sports betting sites often offer variations of the said betting market. Given that, experts of Takebet South Africa may predict the player to score the exact number of goals or the precise goal in a match (e.g. the second goal). Likewise, we may forecast the first player on a particular team to score a goal. Or, we can recommend combined bets like “anytime goalscorer and 1×2”.
Our analysts offer single predictions on most occasions, but we may also publish accumulator picks with higher betting odds from time to time.
Soccer and ice hockey both feature goalscorer bets. Read on to learn more about them!
Goalscorer betting explained
Betting tips on goalscorers forecast a player to score anytime or at some point in a match. They may also extend to outright bets on who will be the highest goalscorer in a tournament.
Main rules of the goalscorer betting market are:
- Own goals don’t count. If you wager on a particular player to score in a match and this player scores an own goal, this occurrence will not get you a win.
- Goals in extra time and penalty shootouts don’t count. If something else is not explicitly stated, bookies take only goals scored in the regular time into account.
- Bets on absent players are voided. A bookies will refund your bet if the chosen player doesn’t feature in the match. However, if the player features, then the bet will be either win or lose. The only exception is when you bet on a player to open the scoring, and when this player features, the first goal has already been scored.
Anytime goalscorer tips
Seasoned sports bettors are well-familiar with anytime goalscorer bets. When you select an anytime goalscorer, the chosen player must score at any point of the regular time in a match. The goal can come in the 1st or the 90th minute; it doesn’t matter. The goal can be the first or the last. The player himself can start the game or be a substitute.
Tips on anytime goalscorers are the safest, but their odds may be low.
Example: you predict Mohamed Salah to score a goal anytime during a match of Liverpool against Chelsea. Imagine Salah scoring a penalty in the 90+4th minute! In this case, you will win because Salah bagged a goal.
Last and first goalscorer predictions
Here you bet on the player to score the match’s first or final goal, respectively
A first goalscorer bet is on the player to open the scoring. For you to win, the player must score the first goal of the game. A bookie will refund you if the player comes from the bench when the first goal has already been scored. However, the bet stands if the scoreline is 0-0.
Example: you bet on N’Golo Kante to score the first goal of a Chelsea vs Manchester United match. Kante comes to the pitch when the score is 0-0 and bags the game’s first goal in the 67th minute. You will win your bet because N’Golo Kante opened the scoring.
The first team goalscorer option is a variation letting you bet on the player to score the first goal for a particular team. Note that this goal may not be the first in the game for you to win.
Now, a last goalscorer bet is on the player to score the game’s final goal. No matter when your player enters the pitch, he must be the author of the closing goal — even if he bags a few of them along the way. If the player doesn’t feature at all, such a bet will be refunded.
Example: you bet on Lionel Messi to score the last goal of a Paris Saint-Germain vs Monaco fixture. Messi comes at the start and makes the score 2-1 in the 70th minute before being substituted. If no one else scores afterwards, you will win the bet with the final whistle.
Finally, combination bets unite the goalscorer option with other betting markets. For example, let’s take a bet on the first goalscorer plus 1×2. Here an online bookmaker will combine a bet on the player to score the first goal with a punt on the match outcome. Another example is betting on anytime goalscorer predictions plus the correct score, thus predicting the player to score during the regular time and the final score of the chosen game.
Soccer tournaments we got covered
Takebet South Africa features tips on top soccer club leagues, domestic and international cup tournaments, as well as competitions of national teams.
Soccer events with goalscorer betting options include:
- English Premier League
- Spanish La Liga Primera Division
- German Bundesliga
- Italian Serie A
- French Ligue 1
- USA MLS
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA Euro
In ice hockey, you can get betting tips on goalscorers in the NHL.
How we analyse sports for goalscorer tips
The experts of Takebet South Africa use a statistical approach to the analysis when it comes to our anytime goalscorer betting tips and subtypes of these predictions. Alongside sports stats, we decompose betting odds and consider the current news to supply you with correct bets.
Below are the steps our experts take whenever picking goalscorer bets:
- Checking the team news and injury list. First things first, we check which players are available. If your chosen player doesn’t come at all, a bookie will refund you, but if the player is injured and plays nevertheless, his weak game may cost you money.
- Assessing the form of the player, his team’s attacking capabilities and the opponents’ defensive capabilities. Experts look at the chosen player’s stats in a few previous games and recent H2H clashes: how many goals he has scored, how many big chances he has created, and the ratio of the first to numbers. If the player’s team is terrible in offence and is not motivated or the opponents’ defence is impeccable, then any goals scored by that particular player are unlikely.
- Analysing style of play and meaningful player partnerships. Depending on the match and the current lineup, teams may play in an offensive or a defensive manner — and even their stars will fall in line. Moreover, there are proven partnerships in soccer, such as Marcelo and Ronaldo when both played for Real Madrid: when such a set of two players rages in a match, you know better than to expect a dry game.
- Checking out betting odds. Most times, top players like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah, Erling Haaland, Robert Lewandowski, or Kylian Mbappe get low odds because they lead the attacking lines. So, their chances of scoring are very high. The job of our experts is to pick matches with opponents prone to conceding from goal leaders or to pick players who are likely to score when the leaders are weakened. Or, you can select a player who often scores standard kicks!
Watching actual matches proves invaluable when getting our goalscorer betting tips ready. So rest assured that Takebet South Africa spends days following soccer and ice hockey to stay on top!
Anytime goalscorer betting strategies
One strategy is to bet on a goalscorer in matches of teams frequently earning standard kicks. When such a game occurs, one must assess the form of the players known for handling most standard kicks for their respective teams, and bet on them if they are fine.
For example, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are known free-kick takers. However, it may prove more promising to place bets on less famous players who are equally good at scoring free-kicks, such as James Ward-Prowse, the English international midfielder. If it takes knowing soccer deeper to pick the right player for the bet, you will get better odds.
Also, penalties matter! Check the players assigned to this duty and think of picking them.
More soccer tips
We don’t stick to the goalscorer option and offer soccer betting tips of several types.
Other sections with soccer predictions by betting market:
Have a go: pick an available goalscorer betting tip on Takebet South Africa and wager on it!