The Andrey Rublev vs Novak Djokovic fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, starting at 8:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Andrey Rublev is priced with the odds of 6.50 (+550 American; 11/2 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 15%. Novak Djokovic has an odds of 1.15 (-667; 3/20) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 85%.
The latest odds for Andrey Rublev vs Novak Djokovic (January 25, 2023):
- Over 34.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 34.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Rublev — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Djokovic — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (-6.5) games on Rublev — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+6.5) games on Djokovic — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
Match preview and statistics
Andrey Rublev had a close fixture against Holger Rune (6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6), who was one of the favorites for winning the 2023 AO. The first four sets were incredibly close. The tennis players traded winning these sets. In the last set, Holger Rune reached a 5-2 score and was close to qualifying for the next stage, but Rublev won the next three games in a row to level the score. In the 12th game, Rune had two more set points, but did not convert them and Rublev finished the match in his favor.
In Round 3, Andrey Rublev smashed Daniel Evans (6-4, 6-2, 6-3). Rublev saved 100% out of four break points and converted four out of 15 break point opportunities. He won all 14 service games and 31% out of 13 return games winning 57% out of all points in this match.
Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Rublev has played out in the last 10 matches. The exact handicap comes with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) in the next fixture.
Novak Djokovic has won three out of four matches in the 2023 Australian Open to nil, but he has not met any rival from the top 20 ATP.
In the third round of the tournament, he won over Grigor Dimitrov (7-6, 6-3, 6-4). In the first set, he reached a 5-3 score, but Dimitrov leveled it. Despite this, Djokovic beat him in the tie-breaks. In the last two sets, the Serbian tennis player received fast two-game leads and kept them to the end of both sets.
In the most recent match, he absolutely destroyed Alex de Minaur (6-2, 6-1, 6-2) to qualify for the current stage. Novak Djokovic did not give his rival any break point opportunities in all sets and converted six out of 12 his break points. Also, he won 78% of games and 61% of points in this fixture.
Novak Djokovic has won seven of the last nine matches to nil. He comes with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) to beat Andrey Rublev with a 3-0 score.
Andrey Rublev vs Novak Djokovic H2H
Novak Djokovic defeated Andrey Rublev (6-4, 6-1) in the 2022 ATP Finals. He did not give Rublev any break points and won 62% of the points.
Prediction and betting tips
Novak Djokovic has played flawlessly in the 2023 Australian Open winning three out of four matches to nil. Also, he has a streak of 10 victories and has won 15 of the last 16 matches and two out of three H2H fixtures including the most recent game in the 2022 ATP Finals. Besides, Novak Djokovic won the 2023 ATP Adelaide before this tournament.
Andrey Rublev was eliminated in the first stages of the 2023 ATP Adelaide and the 2023 ATP Adelaide 2. He has played perfectly in the first three stages of the 2023 AO but was close to being eliminated by Holger Rune in the most recent fixture. He is likely to lose the match against Djokovic, but I believe that he will win a set.
Betting prediction: Correct score – 3-1
Odds: 3.35 (+235 American; 47/20 Fractions)