The Elena Rybakina vs Aryna Sabalenka fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Thursday, January 28, 2023, starting at 8:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Elena Rybakina is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Aryna Sabalenka has an odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) to win the tournament. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 55%.
The latest odds for Elena Rybakina vs Aryna Sabalenka (January 28, 2023):
- Over 22.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 22.5 games — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Sabalenka — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Rybakina — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Sabalenka —1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Rybakina — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Elena Rybakina beat Victoria Azarenka (7-6, 6-3) in the most recent match. In the first set, Rybakina won three games in a row after a 2-3 score, but her rival leveled the score. Also, Azarenka reached a 40-0 score in the 11th game, but did not convert three break points and lost the tie-breaks which made her lose the first set. In the second one, Elena Rybakina reached a 5-2 score. Azarenka won the next return game, but the Kazakh tennis player did not let her rival come back.
Elena Rynakina has the greatest number of aces in the 2023 Australian Open (45) and the greatest ace per game ratio (7.5) among the tennis players who participated at least in two matches. Also. Elena Rybakina has made the fastest serve in the tournament (195 km/h) and has converted the second-greatest number of break points (26).
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in all H2H matches. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) this time.
Aryna Sabalenka beat Magda Linette (7-6, 6-2) in the semi-final to qualify for the current stage. The Polish tennis player won the first two games of the first set to receive a lead, but Sabalenka instantly leveled the score. And the tennis players traded remaining service games to a 6-6 score. In the tie-breaks, Sabalenka lost only one out of eight points. In the second set, Sabalenka reached a 5-1 score and had two match points in the seventh game, but did not convert them, which made her finish this match with a 6-2 score.
Aryna Sabalenka extended her streak of 2-0 victories with one more. She has won the last 20 played sets, but she has met only two rivals from the top 20 WTA during these matches. Her match against Elena Rybakina will be incredibly interesting.
Sabalenka has won the last 10 matches to nil. She comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) to beat Rybakina in two sets.
Elena Rybakina vs Aryna Sabalenka H2H
Elena Rybakina beat Aryna Sabalenka (0-6, 6-1, 10-6) in the most recent match. Aryna Sabalenka had much better stats in this match, but Elena Rybakina finished the tie-breaks in her favor, which made her win this fixture.
Prediction and betting tips
Elena Rybakina has won 10 of the last 12 matches with seven to nil. She beat Iga Swiatek, Danielle Rose Collins, and Jelena Ostapenko in this tournament. Also, the Kazakh tennis player leads many stats in the 2023 Australian Open having the fastest serve and the greatest number of aces.
Aryna Sabalenka has won the last 10 matches to nil. She smashed all her rivals in this tournament but has not beaten any top-level rivals as Elena Rybakina did. However, she has won three of the last four H2H matches, but all fixtures were finished in three sets. I believe that we will see a total of over 22.5 games in this match.
Betting prediction: Over 22.5 games
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractions)