The Jessica Pegula vs Victoria Azarenka fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, starting at 8:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Jessica Pegula is priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 70%. Victoria Azarenka has an odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 30%.
The latest odds for Jessica Pegula vs Victoria Azarenka (January 24, 2023):
- Over 20.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 20.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Pegula — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Azarenka — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Pegula —1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Azarenka — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
Match preview and statistics
Jessica Pegula started the 2023 season with a victory in the 2023 WTA United Cup, where she defeated current No. 1 Iga Swiatek (6-2, 6-2). She has not lost a set in that tournament and keeps being undefeated for eight matches.
In Round 2, Aleksandra Sasnovich (6-2, 7-6) was close to winning break Jessica Pegula’s streak of winning sets. The first set was incredibly easy, but in the second one, Sasnovich came back after a 3-5 score winning three games in a row. However, Pegula did not let her rival win more and finished the match with a 2-0 score.
In the most recent match, the American tennis player beat Barbora Krejcikova (7-5, 6-2). She did not make any double faults and gave her rival only two break point opportunities. Jessica Pegula converted five out of 18 break points and won 56% out of all points in this match.
Jessica Pegula has won the last eight matches with a 2-0 score. She comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) to win over Victoria Azarenka in two sets.
Victoria Azarenka won the first two matches of the 2023 Australian Open to nil, but her rivals in those rounds were much weaker. She met two tennis players out of the top 100 WTA.
In Round 3, she played against Madison Keys (1-6, 6-2, 6-1). In the first set, she converted only one out of four break points and completed three double faults. She did not win any service games and it looked like she will lose the game. However, she played incredibly in the last two sets. She gave only one break point and lost only 37% of points in the remaining sets.
In the most recent game, Victoria Azarenka beat Lin Zhu (4-6, 6-1, 6-4). She saved nine out of 14 break points and converted 47% out of 15 breaks. The tennis players were incredibly close. Azarenka won 51% of all points, whereas Zhu received 49% of possible.
A total of under 8.5 games in the second set has played out in three out of four matches in this tournament with Victoria Azarenka participating. The exact outcome is priced with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20).
Jessica Pegula vs Victoria Azarenka H2H
Jessica Pegula beat Victoria Azarenka (7-6, 6-1) in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Guadalajara, which was their single game in the 2022 season.
Prediction and betting tips
Jessica Pegula is in much better form now. Her rivals in the 2023 Australian Open were much stronger than Victoria Azarenka’s and she won each of them with a 2-0 score. Pegula defeated the Belarusian tennis player in the most recent H2H game and in three out of five head-to-head matches.
Victoria Azarenka played flawlessly against rivals out of the top 100 WTA ranking, but her performance in the last two games against Keys and Zhu was unstable. she was close to being eliminated in each of these games despite the fact that those opponents were still much weaker than Jessica Pegula. Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Pegula looks sage.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Pegula
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)