2023 Australian Open: Karolina Pliskova vs Magda Linette prediction and betting tips (January 25)
Karoli Pliskova has won five of the last six H2H matches against Magda Linette. Will she beat her one more time to qualify for the semi-final?
Karolina Pliskova has won five of the last six H2H matches against Linette
by   Alex Weaver

The Karolina Pliskova vs Magda Linette fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, starting at 12:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.

Latest odds on betting sites

Karolina Pliskova is priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154 American; 13/20 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 57%. Magda Linette has an odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 43%.

The latest odds for Karolina Pliskova vs Magda Linette (January 25, 2023):

  • Over 22.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 22.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Pliskova — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Linette — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Pliskova —2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Linette — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)

Match preview and statistics

Karolina Pliskova has won all rivals in the 2023 AO with a 2-0 score each. However, three out of four her rivals were lower ranked. She met only one strong rival in the most recent match.

Karolina Pliskova defeated Shuai Zhang (6-0, 6-4) in the Round of 16. In the first set, Pliskova did not give her rival a break point opportunity and converted three out of her four received break points. Also, she won 67% of the possible points in the set. In the last set, Shuai Zhang reached a 2-4 score, but the Czech tennis player came back by winning the next four games in a row.

In Round 3, Kerolina Pliskova won over Varvara Gracheva (6-4, 6-2). She did not give her rival a break point opportunity and received seven break points. Pliskova won all nine service games and three out of nine return games.

Karolina Pliskova has won all matches in this tournament to nil. She comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) to beat Magda Linette in two sets.

Magda Linette met two incredibly strong rivals in the current tournament.

She came back against Anett Kontaveit (3-6, 6-3, 6-4) in Round 2. In the first set, Linette received an advantage, but Kontaveit won four games in a row after a 2-3 score. In the second set, the tennis players performed equally, but Linette was a bit stronger. The Polish tennis player reached a 5-1 score in the last set. Kontaveit was close to leveling the score, but Linnete finally won the match.

In the most recent match, she had close two sets against Caroline Garcia (7-6, 6-4). The French tennis player reached a 5-3 score, but Linette came back and destroyed her rival in tie-breaks. Also, Garcia reached a 4-3 score in the last set, but the Polish tennis player came back again and finished the match in her favor.

We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in four of the last six sets Magda Linette played. The exact total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in the first set of the next match.

Karolina Pliskova vs Magda Linette H2H

Carolina Pliskova has won five of the last six matches against Magda Linette, but the last match was finished in favor of the Polish tennis player (6-4, 6-1).

Prediction and betting tips

Magda Linette has created three sensations in the 2023 Australian Open. She beat Anett Kontaveit, Ekaterina Alexandrova and Caroline Garcia. Also, two out of three of these matches were finished with a 2-0 score each. Magda Linette beat Pliskova (6-4, 6-1) in their last H2H match losing only three games in two sets.

Karolina Pliskova’s rivals in t matches of this tournament were much weaker. She has won all matches with a 2-0 score each. She has lost the last five matches against rivals from the top 20 WTA. I believe that the Polish tennis player will win one more match.

Betting prediction: Magda Linette to win

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractions)

TennisAustralian Open 2022. Quarter-final
Karolina Pliskova — Magda Linette

Magda Linette to win