The Magda Linette vs Aryna Sabalenka fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Thursday, January 26, 2023, starting at 10:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Magda Linette is priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300 American; 3/1 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 25%. Aryna Sabalenka has an odds of 1.25 (-400; 1/4) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 75%.
The latest odds for Magda Linette vs Aryna Sabalenka (January 26, 2023):
- Over 20.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 20.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Sabalenka — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Linette — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Sabalenka —1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Linette — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
Match preview and statistics
Magda Linette had an incredibly hard way qualifying for the semi-final. She met four rivals from the top 20 WTA Ranking in five played matches, but she won four out of five matches with 2-0 scores. Her weakest rival was Mayar Sherif (7-5, 6-1) in Round 1.
In the most recent match, she beat Karolina Pliskova (6-3, 7-5). Magda Linette made only one double fault in two sets. She saved and converted 75% out of four and 33% out of nine break points, respectively. Also, Linette won 70% of service points and 42% of return points, which will increase her stats in the 2023 season.
Her start of the current season was not as confident as her play in this tournament. Magda Linette was eliminated in the fourth round of the 2023 WTA United Cup and in the 1/16 finals of the 2023 WTA Hobart. She won 64.3% and 35.8% of service and return games in these tournaments and completed only one ace in five matches.
We have seen a total of over 20.5 games in three of the last four matches with Magda Linette participating. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this fixture.
Aryna Sabalenka has won the last nine matches with a 2-0 score each, which made her unbeaten for the last 18 played sets. However, this performance is mostly provided by a lack of strong rivals in the last two tournaments. Aryna Sabalenka has met only one rival from the top 20 WTA in the last nine matches and only one in this tournament.
In the quarter-final, the Belarusian tennis player was lucky to meet Donna Vekic (6-3, 6-2). Her performance was not as flawless as usual. She gave her rival 14 break points opportunities but saved 12 of them. Aryna Sabalenka won only 55% of the points despite winning 71% of the games.
Before the 2023 AO, she won the 2023 WTA Adelaide. In this tournament, Aryna Sabalenka showed an incredible performance. She won 88.4% of service games and saved 79.2% of break points in that tournament.
Aryna Sabalenka has won the last nine matches to nil. She comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to beat Magda Linette in two sets.
Magda Linette vs Aryna Sabalenka H2H
The Belarusian tennis player eliminated Magda Linette (6-2, 6-1) from the 1/32 finals of the 2020 Olympics. She won 80% of the games and 61% of the points in that match.
Prediction and betting tips
Aryna Sabalenka looks stronger. She is undefeated for the last 18 played sets and has won all H2H matches against Magda Linette to nil. However, their last head-to-head game was played in 2021. Also, Sabalenka has met only one rival from the top 20 WTA in this tournament, whereas Magda Linette beat four greater-ranked opponents in a row with three to nil.
The Polish tennis player is amazing in this tournament but her play in the previous two competitions was terrible. I believe that she will show her best in this match, but I am not sure that it will be enough to beat Sabalenka in her current form. A total of over 20.5 games looks safe. Besides, it has played out in three of the last four matches with Magda Linette participating.
Betting prediction: Over 20.5 games
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)