The Novak Djokovic vs Tommy Paul fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Friday, January 27, 2023, starting at 8:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Novak Djokovic is priced with the odds of 1.05 (-2000 American; 1/20 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 92%. Tomme Paul has an odds of 12.00 (+1100; 11/1) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 8%.
The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Tommy Paul (January 27, 2023):
- Over 30.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 30.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) sets on Paul — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-8.5) games on Djokovic — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+8.5) games on Paul — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Novak Djokovic had the fourth seed, which made him meet much weaker rivals in the previous stages. He has won four out of five matches to nil.
In the most recent match, the Serbian tennis player met the first strong opponent Andrey Rublev (6-1, 6-2, 6-4), but he did not give him a chance. In the first set, Novak Djokovic did not give his rival a break point opportunity and won five games in a row after a 1-1 score. The second set was similar to the first one, but Djokovic let his rival win one more service game. In the last set, the Serbian tennis player received a fast lead and kept it to the end of the match.
Also, Novak Djokovic performed perfectly in the 2023 ATP Adelaide. He won it beating four out of five rivals to nil. Novak Djokovic won 95% of service games and 20% of return games in this match. He saved 73% out of 11 break points and converted 35% out of 11 break point opportunities.
Novak Djokovic has won four out of five matches in this tournament to nil. He comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) to beat Tommy Paul in three sets.
Tommy Paul was lucky to qualify for the semi-final of the 2023 Australian Open. He has not met any rivals from the top 20 ATP despite being low-seeded. Paul was close to being eliminated by Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (6-2, 2-6, 6-7, 6-3, 6-4) and had two more close matches finished in four sets.
In the previous stage. Paul beat Ben Shelton (7-6, 6-3, 5-7, 6-4). He received 15 break point opportunities in this match but was lucky to convert only three of them. Also, he saved two out of four break points and won 79% of service points in this match.
A total of over 3.5 sets has played out in three of the last four matches with Tommy Paul participating. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.45 (+145; 29/20) in this game.
Novak Djokovic vs Tommy Paul H2H
The tennis players have not played the H2H match yet.
Prediction and betting tips
Tommy Paul is much weaker than Novak Djokovic. He was lucky to get to the semi-final, but it will likely be his last match in the 2023 Australian Open. He had to lose the game against Alejandro Davidovich Fokina but was lucky to come back in the last two sets. Overall, he has not met any strong rivals in this tournament and has lost five of the last eight played matches against rivals from the top 20 ATP.
Novak Djokovic is incredible. He did not leave Rublev any chance in the most recent game and beat most of his rivals to nil. Also, he has a streak of 12 victories and is likely to extend it with one more. I believe that he will beat Paul with a 3-0 score.
Betting prediction: Correct score – 3-0
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractions)