2023 Australian Open: Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic prediction and betting tips (January 29)

Novak Djokovic and Stefanos Tsitsipas have played two bo5 matches and each was finished with a 3-2 score in favor of the Serbian tennis player. Will Tsitsipas break this streak?
Novak Djokovic has won the last 11 matches in a row

Novak Djokovic has won the last 11 matches in a row

by   Alex Weaver

The Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Saturday, January 29, 2023, starting at 7:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.

Latest odds on betting sites

Novak Djokovic is priced with the odds of 1.20 (-500 American; 1/5 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 80%. Stefanos Tsitspas has an odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1) to win the 2023 Australian Open. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 20%.

The latest odds for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic (January 29, 2023):

  • Over 37.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 37.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Djokovic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Tsitsipas — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Match preview and statistics

Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Kren Khachanov (7-6, 6-4, 6-7, 7-3) in the most recent match. In the first set, the Russian tennis player came back after a 3-5 score, but Stefanos Tsitsipas defeat his rival in the tie-breaks. In the third game of the second set, he reached a 40-15 score and was close to reaching a fast lead, but Khachanov saved the break points. Despite it, Stefanos Tsitsipas won three games after a 3-4 score to finish the second set in his favor.

In the third set, the Greek tennis player reached a 3-1 score and had all to finish the match against Khachanov to nil. However, the Russian tennis player leveled the score. Tsitsipas had two match points in the tie-breaks, but Khachanov won four points in a row to win that set. The last set was easy for Tsitsipas. He reached a 3-0 score at the start of the match and kept the advantage to the end of the fixture.

We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the first set in three of the last four H2H matches. The same total in the first set comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) this time.

Novak Djokovic expectedly absolutely destroyed Tommy Paul (7-5, 6-1, 6-2) in the semi-final. He received 11 break point opportunities in this match and converted 64% of them. Also, Djokovic won 12 out of 14 service games and 67% of service points. He finished 54% and 51% of return games and points, respectively.

The Serbian tennis player was incredible in this tournament. He did not give his rivals any chances. Djokovic has a streak of 11 victories defeating strong rivals like Daniil Medvedev, Denis Shapovalov, and Andrey Rublev in these fixtures.

Novak Djokovic has won five of the last six matches in this tournament to nil. His victory in three sets comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this final.

Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Novak Djokovic H2H

Novak Djokovic has won the last eight matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas and all two boy games, but both were finished in five sets.

Prediction and betting tips

Novak Djokovic looks much stronger. He has a streak of 11 victories and has qualified for the second final in a row. He has won the last eight matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas and won all bo5 games. Their most recent bo5 head-to-head game was in the final of the 2021 French Open. Djokovic came back in that match after losing the first two sets.

Stefanos Tsitsipas has played perfectly in the 2023 AO. He beat Khachanov and Sinner. Also, Tsitsipas has won the last 13 matches in a row. He is likely to win at least a set against Djokovic. I believe that we will see a total of over 37.5 games. Also, the exact total has played out in all bo5 H2H matches.

Betting prediction: Over 37.5 games

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)

Stefanos Tsitsipas — Novak Djokovic

Not settled

Over 37.5 games