Copa America 2021: Brazil vs Peru prediction and betting tips (July 5)

Peru knocked out Paraguay and qualified for the semi-final, which they will play against still undefeated Brazil in Rio de Janeiro on Monday.
Neymar of Brazilian national team at Copa America 2021

Neymar of Brazilian national team at Copa America 2021

by   Alex Weaver

National team of Brazil is set to meet Peru in their second match in the playoffs. Neymar and company are undefeated for 11 matches in a row and have easily finished each of their opponents. Peru in a close game won over Paraguay to qualify for this stage. The match will commence on 5 July 2021 by local time at the Olimpico Nilton Santos arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Brazil vs Peru: latest odds on betting sites

Selecao are an obvious favourite of online bookmakers. Their win is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American), whereas Peru win in full-time is improbable and comes with the odds of 13.50 (+1250 American). Chances are 80% and 7.5% respectively. A draw is priced with the odds of 6.05 (+505 American), which is equal to a 12.5% probability.

It is highly probable that we will see Brazil in the Copa America 2021 finals. The odds are 1.125 (-800 American). The same for Peru comes with the odds of 6.10 (+510 American). Approximate probabilities of these outcomes are: Brazil — 89%, Peru — 11%.

Will Brazil win this match and qualify for the 21st time for the Copa America final, or will Peru create a sensation and beat Brazil in their home tournament? Let’s see

Brazil vs Peru: Copa America 2021 match preview

Selecao haven’t lost in the group stage even once. Leonardo Bacchi’s men beat Peru (4-0) to nil and had one more dry win against Venezuela (3-0). In the last matches Brazil tied against Ecuador (1-1), whilst playing the match without key players, and got a victory over Colombia (2-1). The first round of the playoffs was played against Chile (1-0). Selecao won this match even with a red card shown to Gabriel Jesus at the 48th minute of the fixture.

Brazil haven’t been defeated for the last 11 matches. They created the highest number of chances in a penalty area — 50 in total, with 28 shots on target and 11 goals at Copa America 2021. Brazil took 9 of their 28 shots on target (32%) and scored 4 of their 11 goals in the match against Peru in the group stage, whereas the average numbers of shots on target and goals by Brazil are 5.6 and 2.2 per match, respectively.

Selecao have scored 3 or more goals in 4 of their last 5 matches between them and the Peruvian national football team. Brazil to score over 2.5 goals in the next match is priced with the odds of 2.38 (+138 American).

Peru lost their first fixture in the group stage against Brazil (4-0). Then Ricardo Gareca’s men won over Colombia (2-1) and tied against Ecuador (2-2) in a close game. Peru eliminated Venezuela (1-0) in the last game of the group stage to finish it second.

The quarter-final started with a match between Peru and Paraguay that ended in Peru’s victory in a penalty shootout (4-3). After the final of Copa America 2019 Peru had a rough patch, winning only 5 of their last 16 matches. They have scored 2 goals on average in the last 5 matches. Peru to score now is priced with the odds of 2.37 (+137 American).

Brazil vs Peru: latest team news and lineups

Matheus Cunha and Felipe, Brazil’s centre-forward and centre-back, will miss the next fixture. Matheus has an ankle injury, whereas Felipe injured his knee.

Gabriel Jesus, 24-years-old centre-forward, will not play against Peru too, because he received a red card in the game against Chile, by punching their left-back in the shoulder.

Peru is lucky to have no injured players but Andre Carrillo, right-winger of the Incas, who received a red card in the fixture against Peru after caughting 2 yellow cards in the game.

Probable Brazil lineup: Alisson Becker, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Alex Sandro, Emerson Royal, Casemiro, Fred, Everton Ribeiro, Neymar, Richarlison, Roberto Firmino.

Probable Peru lineup: Pedro Gallese, Luis Abram, Alexander Callens, Marcos López, Aldo Corzo, Renato Tapia, Yoshimar Yotún, Christian Cueva, Sergio Peña, Santiago Ormeno, Gianluca Lapadula.

Brazil vs Peru: key players

Gianluca Lapadula is the third best scorer at Copa America 2021. He scored 2 goals and made an assist. Gianluca took 9 shots in 400 minutes, 4 of them on target. Also, this Peruvian created 3 goal moments in the rivals’ penalty area. He often plays with Andre Carrillo, who skips this match, so there could be a problem for Gianluca Lapadula in attacks.

Neymar is the best winger of the Brazilian national team at the moment. He is the second best scorer at Copa America 2021. He took 14 shots in 4 matches at Copa America, 6 of them on target. Neymar executed 33.3% of his shots on target successfully and scored 2 goals. He created 15 moments in the rivals’ penalty area and made 2 assists.

Brazil vs Peru: betting tips for Copa America 2021 match

Brazil has won over Peru with a difference of 2 or more goals in 5 of their last 6 matches. Selecao has many players who can create moments and take shots on target, like Richarlison (6 shots on target) or Neymar (15 moments created). However, Peru’s best forward, Andre Carrillo, will skip this match. It is highly probable that Brazilian national team will thrash The Incas with the same goal difference as above stated, again.

Asian Handicap. Brazil (-1.5) with the odds of 1.84 (-135 American)

Brazil — Peru


Asian Handicap. Brazil (-1.5)