The Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Friday, 29 April 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Scotiabank Arena, Toronto. The Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins (29 April 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins latest odds on betting sites
The Toronto Maple Leafs are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 44%. The Boston Bruins come with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 36%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.
The latest odds for Maple Leafs vs Bruins (29 April 2022) betting markets:
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Bruins — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Maple Leafs — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins match preview and statistics
The Toronto Maple Leafs received 113 points in 81 games to be second in the Atlantic Division.
They beat the Detroit Red Wings (3-0) in the last match. The Maple Leafs attacked much better in the first period, but they did not score a goal. They made 14 shots on target, whereas the Red Wings made seven only. The Toronto Maple Leafs completed 12 defensive actions and won four face-offs.
In the second period, Sheldon Keefe’s boys made 10 shots and finished one of them successfully. They made 19 defensive actions. The Red Wings made eight shots on target, but did not score a goal. In the 36th minute, Auston Matthews opened the score with Jason Spezza and Colin Blackwell’s support.
In the last period, they made 12 shots on target, but completed only 10 defensive actions. The Maple Leafs won nine out of 17 face-offs and bagged two goals. John Tavares scored the second goal with William Nylander and Ilya Lyubushkin’s support. In the 46th minute, Morgan Rielly and William Nylander helped Auston Matthews to score the last goal.
The Bruins have scored three or more goals in six of the last eight matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this game.
Toronto Maple Leafs team news: Ondrej Kase — concussion, Petr Mrazek — groin injury, Rasmus Sandin — knee injury, Michael Bunting — upper body injury.
The Boston Bruins are fourth in the Atlantic Division with 107 points. They have 51 victories, 30 losses with five overtimes.
In the most recent fixture, the Bruins pulled the Buffalo Sabres (5-0) down. In the first period, their performance was not confident. The Boston Bruins made only six shots on target and won 37.5% out of 16 face-offs. Their rivals made 12 shots on target, but the Sabres did not score a goal.
In the second period, both teams played approximately equal. The Boston Bruins made 14 shots on target, whereas their rivals made 15 shots. The Bruins bagged two goals, completed 20 defensive actions and won 11 face-offs. Patrice Bergeron scored two goals in the 27th and 33rd minutes.
Bruce Cassidy’s men played well in the last period. They made 12 shots and scored three goals. They completed 16 defensive actions. The Sabers made 10 shots, but won only 20% out of 20 face-offs. David Pastrnak and Taylor Hall scored their goals in the 43rd and 45th minutes, respectively. In the 58th minute, Patrice Bergeron scored the last goal.
A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in 10 of the last 11 matches with the Boston Bruins participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) this time.
Boston Bruins team news: Jakub Zboril — knee injury, Jesper Froden — upper body injury.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins H2H
The Toronto Maple Leafs won over the Boston Bruins (6-4) in the last head-to-head game. They made 32 shots on target and won 27 face-offs. Also, the Maple Leafs completed 42 defensive actions.
The Boston Bruins made 30 shots, completed 33 face-offs and won 30 remaining face-offs.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins lineups and key players
Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:
- Erik Kallgren
- T. J. Brodie
- Morgan Rielly
- Mitch Marner
- Auston Matthews
- Kyle Clifford
Auston Matthews is the fifth best forward in the 2021-22 NHL with the greatest number of goals. He has scored 60 goals and has made 46 assists.
Boston Bruins projected first lineup:
- Linus Ullmark
- Charlie McAvoy
- Derek Forbort
- Craig Smith
- Brad Marchand
- Patrice Bergeron
Patrice Bergeron scored three out of five goals in the last match. Also, he has scored 25 goals and has made 40 assists in the 2021-22 season.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins predictions and betting tips
The Boston Bruins are in good form now. They have a streak of four victories. They beat strong rivals like the Panthers and the Rangers and played perfectly in the most recent game against the Buffalo Sabers. In the most recent H2H match against the Maple Leafs, they performed well, but their rivals were a bit stronger.
The Bruins have won four of the last seven H2H fixtures. They look a bit stronger now. I believe that the Bruins will extend the streak. We have seen a total of under 6.5 goals in six of the last eight head-to-head games and in 10 of the last 11 matches with the Bruins participating. This outcome looks safe too.
Betting prediction: Boston Bruins to win
Odds: 2.75 (+175 American; 7/4 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractions)