Nations League 2022-23: Germany odds-on against Hungary in Round 5 match

The UEFA Nations League will see the mighty German national team face off against the resilient Hungarian team, at the Red Bull Arena, Leipzig, Germany

The Germans are betting favourites to win the H2H, according to international betting sites with odds set at 1.25 (1/4 Fractional; -400 American), equaling a 78% chance. The Hungarians’ odds are at 11.0 (10/1; +1000), which is equal to a probability of about 7%. The odds of the game ending in a draw are at 6.00 (5/1; +500), the probability being about 15%.

At the over/under 2.5 market, the odds for three or more goals are at 1.68 (13/20; -153), equaling a probability of about 60%, while the chance of two goals or less is 40%, with odds set at 2.25 (5/4; +125).

At the GG/NG market, the odds of both teams finding the back of the net are at 2.10 (11/10; +110), equaling a probability of 44%. Meanwhile, the odds of either or both teams drawing blanks are at 1.66 (33/50; -151), equaling a probability of 56%.

The Germans sit second in group A3, despite being the favorites to win the group stage, with their odds at 1.68 (13/19; -146), equaling a probability of 59%.

Their opponents, Hungary, are the leaders of the group, with four games played — out of which two were won, one was drawn and one was lost. Hungary have their odds of winning the group at 5.5 (9/2; +450), which equals a probability of 18%.

Leipzig’s Striker, Timo Werner, being the Germans’ top scorer, is a favourite to score anytime. Leroy Sane, Bayern Munich’s No. 10, is equally favoured to score. They both have an approximate chance of 49%, with the odds at 2.05 (21/20; +104).

The match is scheduled to take place on September 23 2022, at 6:45 p.m. GMT.

Related news

Top features